GI OnDEMAND Presents an Informational Webinar: Integrating Genetics Into Your GI Practice to Identify Hereditary GI Cancer Syndromes.
Experts discuss incorporating genetic testing and counseling to help identify high-risk GI patients earlier for potential proactive medical management and individualized treatment planning.
Jordan Karlitz, MD, FACG, Chief Medical Officer/Senior Director of Clinical Operations, Gastro Girl,Inc./GI OnDEMAND
Heather Hampel, MS, LGC, Senior Director, Genetic Services, Gastro Girl,Inc./GI OnDEMAND
Kory Jasperson, MS, CGC, Director, Clinical Services, Ambry Genetics
The webinar will help you:
1. Understand Lynch syndrome, the most common inherited cause of colorectal cancer.
2. Understand the proportion of colorectal cancer patients who have a pathogenic variant in a cancer susceptibility gene.
3. Understand the proportion of adenomatous polyposis patients who have a pathogenic variant in a cancer susceptibility gene.
4. Appreciate the contribution of genetics to all GI cancers.
5. Understand potential barriers that GI providers have faced in performing genetic testing on patients and how these barriers can be overcome
6. Consider how high risk patients were identified in the past using family history tools.
7. Learn how GI OnDEMAND can help you integrate Genetics into your GI practice.
8. Observe how a high-risk identification program can result in added screening and/or treatments for a greater number of qualified patients.
Listen to our